Saturday, June 1, 2013

Coronation Prep

 I had done a scroll for Robyn the Grey, and she liked it so well she commissioned me to do a matching scroll for her husband. Being a true artist, I procrastinated till I had only one week left to finish it - I just barely got it done to turn in at Crown Tourney, conveniently being held in Veterans' Park in Sylmar (about 5 minutes away from the farm). Here are the in-process pictures





A little over a month later these would be presented at Coronation, conveniently being held in a beautiful gothic-style church in Pasadena. But I very naively volunteered to help with the "potluck" dayboard feast they wanted to have, so I didn't actually get to see them presented in court. I spent the day in the kitchen with Aunt Pat, Carlean, and Sherry Courtney - they were angels in aprons that day for me.


 Wrangling the process of getting donations for feeding up to 400 people was nerve-racking, but somehow as the plates and boxes and coolers poured in that morning, it all came together.




We ended up feeding about 300 for the lunch, refreshing the tables several times over about 2 hours with help from Shaun and Uncle Bear. We also provided light refreshments before and an afternoon "tea" with the left-overs. A huge success!


No comments: