Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I had Valentine's Day off, though the kids were still in school. Well, having found that the Getty research library houses several of the NESAT volumes, I took the opportunity to get them reserved so that I could get some info about textile manufacture/use in Medieval Europe, especially over naalbinding. Uncle Bear volunteered to be my research assistant, so we made a grand day of it.




At the end of the day, Aunt Pat, Carlean, Uncle Bear, Shaun and I had dinner at Gales in PAsadena. Aunt Pat commented that the place was very "New Orleans Square Disneyland"... it could have been the 3' tall false plaster head of David up over the stove, next to the pizza carry-out boxes. But the food was very tasty. We had roasted olives and amazingly fluffy and crunchy bread with oil and balsamic vinegar, flat-iron chicken and chicken Parmesan, delicious pastas, and Italian cheesecake, creme brulee, and petis fours for dessert.


No comments: